All was going nicely . We picked out the paper for the cover, glued it on corrugated card board and the paper for the inside cover. Then I began to punch the holes. Oh no! I didn't have the cover firmly in the punching channel and this is what happened.
Two Peas In A Bucket I couldn't just run right out and replace the 2 pieces of paper I had just managed to ruin. My grand son was very consoling yet I knew we were both pretty distraught since it was to be a special project for the 2 of us to do together. So I searched my memory bank and remembered all the classes I had taken at My Creative Classroom and the proverbial light bulb came on!
I save all my scraps so I managed to find some chip board that was the perfect size. The first thing I did was to punch the holes. (I wasn't taking any chances, lol). Next I grabbed some of Tim Holtz crackle paint for the cover and some brown paint for the inside piece. After the crackle paint was dry I used some Vintage Photo and Walnut Ranger Ink for the cover strip.