Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Anniversary card



I thought I'd give you a behind the scenes look at the beginning of one of my cards. I guess it really is a process! I usually throw out some colors so at least I have a starting point. For this particular card I wanted to use the gorgeous background paper I "created" with the alcohol inks. The blues and greens were so perfect and they almost looked like flowers. The silver added the right amount of glitz! I didn't want to do the typical hearts and flowers for an anniversary card, instead I thought of young love, the beginnings of a long friendship. A Child's Year cart has the most amazing features on it. This one of the boy and girl was perfect for the sentiment I wanted to display. The tree was from Don Juan and the fence from Everyday Paper Dolls.

No comments: