Sunday, May 30, 2010

Father Knows Best


It took me forever to pick a truly masculine theme for this card! We just had the most awesome update on the Gypsy so I was playing around with various images trying to get the "right" one! Then I couldn't find the right paper, then I tried to find an appropriate stamp, and lastly needed to find something to fill some negative space.
     I loved the gears from Indie Art ( this is a cart I don't use too often, actually I almost forgot I had it, lol.) and found the hammer is  from Paper Dolls Everyday. I started with a rectangle from Fabulous Finds ( another under used cart) then sized the gears to .75 and the hammer to 1" and then welded them to the rectangle. This is a narrow shape that I had to elongate to 6.75 in order to get a 4.25 length. The tag is from TBBM. I just love this cartridge. When in doubt I pull it out!!!
     The stamp is from Hampton Art which I embossed with Zing silver embossing powder. This gave it a "hammered" look to the lettering and the hammer heads. The background paper is from boxer paper
pad. I also embossed it with a CB folder from the Asian collection which is almost identical to the pattern on the paper! The corner is a Sissix die cut that I used a leftover scrap of silver foil. After adding a strip of ribbon, a small silver brad and some pop dots, it's finally done. I think the hardest card to design is a masculine card but I was really pleased how this turned out!

1 comment:

Pat said...

Great cards Mary!