Sunday, May 2, 2010

Pink Stamper Challenge #8 Monochromatic


I have been taking on-line classes @ My Creative Classroom and learning how to use Tim Holtz alcohol inks and oh what a fun (yet messy, lol) craft it is! Anyway, I now have all these wonderful background samples that needed a project to fit into. Thank you Robyn for this challenge because this one cried out MONOCHROMATIC!!! The original background was done on acetate. The glittery corners were from my stash and the stamp is again from My Time Made Easy LLC. Since the challenge also required the use of a flower (I had already done a paper one in challenge #5) I decided to "think outside the box". I used a scalloped circle from Spellbinders (are you sensing a trend here?) I decided to stamp the flower but this time used MS glue and glitter, glad I had the right colors! I always love to use ribbon so I used some for the flower stem. For the center I use a mirror and some Arlene's quick tack glue and raised it up with pop dots. I think this is quite different from what I usually do but I like the overall effect.

No comments: