Monday, June 27, 2011

Funniest Place I Have Crafted

     Wow 2 posts in 2 days! Well I wanted to share with you a funny story. My husband and I went to Florida over Memorial day week to visit our son, daughter in law and 2 of our grandchildren. I am not a person to sit still so I always have a craft project with me (knitting, crochet, tying ribbons on tags and yes, making stickers). I also have my gypsy by my side.
     On this particular trip our flight was delayed 5 hours before we even left. This was when all the tornadoes were breaking out in the Midwest. I had my new camera with me and snapped this shot of a bird inside the terminal. ( Yes, it was inside, lol!!)
     Once we finally bordered I was totally bored. I had read every magazine and could not turn on my gypsy just yet so I decided to continue working on the wedding invitations.I pulled out a circle punch and strips of blue sheen card stock I bought with me. Then I pulled out my Xyron X and started making my ship's wheel stickers for the back of the invitations. Funny thing is that no one questioned me! The Xyron works best in high altitudes. When we had gone down years ago for my grandson's Baptism I was using my Zig pen to glue crosses on tags for chocolate pops I had made. Bad idea. At that altitude the glue just runs out of the pen! Ink does the same thing just so you know!
     Where is the craziest place you have crafted. Leave me a comment I'd love to know!

1 comment:

Doris T. said...

Hi Mary! Guess what - Angie and I started a new site and we'd love for you to come play with us. Here's an invite link to Crafting by Designs http://craftingbydesigns.ning.com/?xgi=3AF6a172sxJUwY

Hope to see you there soon!
Doris