Friday, August 5, 2011

By The Sea

     I'm back!!! So I told you I have been busy with projects. I'm still working on the spare bedroom ( you know, the nautical themed one). I decided to make a wall plaque using a variety of techniques I have learned from my classes @ My Creative Classroom.
     The shape is from Donna Salazar's Creative Book Pages template from Spellbinders. I used Zutters corrugated card board for the base and used Donna's technique using white opaque ink and some white embossing powder. This gives such a cool effect!
      The stamp in from Inkadinkado ( I incorrectly identified this stamp in a previous post). If you want to see the color combos I used with copic markers just check out the post for the Graduate card.
     The tag is a shipping label that I used smooch spritz on and then used Beacons liquid laminate  to attach the quotes from K & Company Sea stack.I made a little pocket out of craft cork that I backed with card stock to give it a little stability. I also found these fish brads hanging around in my brad drawer just waiting to be used, lol.
     I dug into my treasure trove of embellies and found this metal art that says "Best of Times" and a small one in the corner that says " remember". The top of the tag is finished with some cotton cording and a small silver seashell charm.
     I always love to incorporate something of meaning into my art work and this piece is no exception. Do you see the seashell I used for the hanger? This is from a door tag that was on our hotel room door when we visited Hawaii back in the '90's! How this inspires you a little.

1 comment:

Audrey Frelx said...

Hey, Mary!!! Welcome back!

That's really going to look nice in your room when you finish! It turned out GREAT!!! And I love how you incorporated your "memorabilia" into the project!

I know you proably have a bunch of pictures and will doing some scrapbooking, so I can't wait to see!

Hugs, my friend!