Friday, October 14, 2011

Thanksgiving Day Cards

     Alright, I'm back in action. I have some new Thanksgiving Day cards to share with you. These are a little different from the ones I usually make. I always search through the clearance bin at Michaels and I found some Tim Holtz seasonal packs. These have some awesome images with such a wonderful vintage look. So I decided to go with it.
     As a member of the Cricut Circle, one of the perks is that you receive exclusive carts. The latest one is called Sophie and that is where I found the die cut of the leaf frame. It was cut @ 4.53 x 3.44" on a beautiful burgundy background. I love how intricate these cuts are. I chose certain sections to highlight with diamond glaze for a glossy  look. I also added a beautiful orange card stock as a backing and trimmed it with a rust picot satin ribbon topped with a velvet trim.
     I also had some glittered leaf embellishments that I added to the corners after I distressed the edges with some ink. Don't ya just love my ceramic turkey? I actually have two of them which are my candle holders for the big feast!
     I just love these images. This is so nice with the turkeys in the background.
     This has to be my favorite image in this group. I love the cornucopia maybe because i make so many of them at work for the holiday!
     I also decided to finish this off with an inside verse that was printed in brown on a parchment paper. I have decided to add some greetings on my cards this time. It adds weight to the card but gives it a nice finishing touch.
     What do you do for family traditions at your house? I'd love to hear if you'd like to share!

1 comment:

Audrey Frelx said...

Wow, Mary,these cards look beautiful!!! I'm going to say you did a terrific job creating them! LOL!

Hugs, my friend!