Monday, January 23, 2012

Hang In There!

     Welcome to Imagine Monday! Today we could use the Imagine, Expression 2 or CCR, I chose to use the Imagine More Cards and the Snapshot Texture cartridges for the Imagine. Just make sure when you're done that you be sure to check back at My Cricut Craft Room and see what the other team members have to show you for their creative and fun projects.
     For now, sit back, relax and I'll show you how I to used the pattern papers  to make my project for today.
     I first printed out this great background paper. The Imagine comes with a built in cart Imagine More with some great shapes. If you scroll to the end you can print a 5x7 swatch that is printed to the proportionate size. I layered this on a piece of glossy card stock.
     As you can see I added some stitching with silver thread.
     I always pull my stitching to the back so there are no threads hanging around.

     I used the Ornamental Iron cart to cut out this "gate" . The image is on the last row, 5th from the left @ 4.75" with the shadow feature. I also did some distressing with Pumice Stone and Black Soot inks. I bet you are wondering what that little hole is for.
     Well a hanger of course! I cut the gate to go with the shadow out of black/charcoal card stock. I also used a Zig pen and silver embossing pen to add some more details. The hole was for this brad to hang a Tim Holtz hanger!
      I love this stamp by Pink By Design. I got to color with my Copic Markers (R22,R24, R27 and R29.) but I made a real bad mistake. While inking the edges I smudged some ink on the design after I had it all colored! I hate when that happens. So after my stickles dried I came up with a solution, why not add a pink ribbon!
     Voila I think it works. Shh, we are the only ones that know what lies beneath!
     After adding a few rhinestones, my sentiment from Pink By Design and some stickles on the lace, its time to hang it up!!!
     Be sure to come back tomorrow, I have a matching bag to show you! Now head back over to My Cricut Classroom. By the way, you won't want to miss all the excitement happening over there. Erica is opening her new store Jan.24th (and we all know how great her prices are!). So be sure to check out her store tab on the blog! Hope you have fun shopping!!!
     

15 comments:

Gloria said...

adorable!!! TFS
Gloria C
www.craftnthings.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

Great card! Tfs!

DT sister Cori

www.createdbycori.blogspot.com

Liz said...

this is fantastic, love the how you hid your smudge

Sheila said...

Beautiful card! It will mean a lot to the right person. Very creative with your smudge.

Sheila
Http://2pawprints.blogspot.com

Samantha said...

Beautiful card!

Samantha
samanthascricutcreations.blogspot.com

Tiggerscraps said...

I really like this. I love crafting with paper, there is always a way to fix a boo boo
fellow dt sis
www.fstampaholic.blogspot.com

Doris P. said...

absolute beauty and especially the meaning behind it!!! - dt sis Doris

Yvette said...

Wow I love all of the details on your card! Beautiful!!! BTW I forgot to tell you that I have an award for you over at my blog http://gammascreativecorner.blogspot.com/2012/01/blog-award.html :)

Kathy Salido said...

Mary,
This card is so gorgeous!! I would have never even noticed that tiny smudge had you not pointed to out...LOL
Kathy
http://3spoileddogs.blogspot.com/

Jen L said...

This card is super cute !!

Bunnyfreak said...

Oh my!! You made me laugh.
Your DT sister.

Enfys said...

Perfect, and I love the way you rescued a mistake. The gate looks amazing. Thanks for entering my challenge, can you put a link to the challenge on your post please, if it isn't too much hassle? Good
Uck
Hugs
Enfys x

Christine said...

I love this. The gate and the back ground. You did a wounderful job with the markers. So much detail a very powerful card and work of art.

MicheleV said...

love your card!

Grá O'Neill said...

Great card, love all the details :)