Thursday, July 19, 2012

Happy Together Anniversary Card


     It's time for Theme Day Thursday for Erica's Design Team over at My Cricut Craft Room. As a member of the team, we were asked to create a project using the cart A Childs' Year. I needed to make an anniversary card for one of my daughters and her husband so I figured I would look at some of the silhouettes on this cart. I was so surprised to find the perfect shaped card on this cartridge and no, I did not use a silhouette but went in a completely different direction! Here's what I did instead:
     I love how this came out. Clean and simple but to the point. I usually spend hours looking for the right image, choosing the perfect papers, agonizing over just the right sentiment and then trying to find the right embellishments. Be honest, I know I am not the only one who does this! Let's get to the details:
     This card base and heart can be found on page 30 of your hand book. I used the card feature and cut the base out of a shiny white card stock (Recollections pearl collection). I cut it @ 8.25" x 5.5". Next I chose some glittered cardstock and used the shift key on the card feature to cut the heart @ 8.25" 5.278". Oh my, it looks good already, lol.

     I pulled out some twine I received from Erica (love her extra goodies!) and added a lace bow from Jolee's Boutique. I had considered making some flowers for this but decided that sometimes, less is more. (That's what my husband tells me anyway.)
     The sentiment is from the stamp set All In The Family by Pink By Design. I just love this set. Remember our last blog hop? Well, I used random number generator and the winner is #18 from all the comments so congrats to: Miranda Enclade. Please email me your address so I can get this out to you. Can I just say this was totally random so I guess it is a Pay It Forward, lol. Be sure to check out Erica's Store where you can find these stamps if you don't have them already!
     I hope you will try my quick and simple card yourself. Now head back over to Erica's Blog and see what inspiration my Design Team Sisters have created for you.

9 comments:

Heather Lynn said...

This is beautiful! Love the heart and how you used the twine! Wonderful!!

Have a great day, my friend!

Hugs,
Heather Lynn

ClaireR said...

Beautiful Card Mary!
Love how it came out.
TFS!
ClaireR

Kathy Salido said...

Mary, this is just simply beautiful!! I love the bow and the senitment. And yes, you are right, I take more time figuring out what cut, what papers and what embellies to use than I do creating the actual card!!
Kathy
My Cricut Craft Room Design Team
http://3spoileddogs.blogspot.com/

Jessica Buffa said...

Mary, I love what you have done with the Recollections Pearl card stock and glitter card stock, too...fantastic job. And congrats to your Hop Winner!
:O)
Jessica S
MCCR DT Sister

Desi Lee Designing Divas said...

Love ur card. Very elegant!
MCCR DT, Lisa Ch

TeresaK said...

Such a beautiful card Mary!
Your daughter and husband will love it!
Who would think you could do that from A Child's Year?
Teresa
MCCR DT sis

Janet's Planet said...

love it! love what you did with the heart! TFS
Janet MCCR-Design team

Miranda said...

Great card! And great Surprise!!!!!
Miranda :)
MCCR DT
www.nanasscrapspot.com

Audrey Frelx said...

Beautiful card, Mary!