Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Letter To My Friends On Sesame Street

Dear Big Bird and my friends on Sesame Street,
     You guys know I love you. My 5 children watched you when they were growing up and my 8 grandchildren have also watched you. I fact, this July, we met you in Williamsburg, VA at Busch Gardens. We even had our pictures taken with you.

     Over the years we have bought so much Sesame Street merchandise from clothing to Big Bird stuffed animals, Count Dracula's counting games, puzzles, plates, Dancing Elmo,Tickle Me Elmo ( that was a hard one to find, lol), Zoe, Bert, Ernie, Cookie Monster games, Snuffy, VHS (yes I am that old!!!!), Cd's, DVD's  
and the list goes on and on.
     Today I did not watch you guys. No I had something more important to watch. You see I wanted to know just what happened @ our embassy in Benghazi, Libya. In case you missed it we are at war. Our embassy was attacked and 3 security guards and our Ambassador were killed. Ambassador Stevens was a good man by all accounts. He was trying to keep peace in the neighborhood. He had made many friends but felt there was trouble brewing. I wanted to know what happened. So I watched the Senate Hearings on what transpired.
     It was clear that the requests for added help were repeatedly denied. No more police to help them.It was also clear that there was impending trouble but no one was listening. It was very clear that the denial was from the top. It is also clear the initial reports about what occured and why were false and no one believed it.
     So, my question to my friends on Sesame Street is: Are you ready to spread your wings? Do you have enough money from all that merchandise to make it on your own? Don't get me wrong, I am delighted that we helped you get on your feet and grow but isn't it time to leave the nest?
     I know we don't support you fully but perhaps it is time to spend our money on more important things in this time of economic hard times. Perhaps we could use the money we give you to hire a few, oh I don't know, security guards to keep our troops safe. 
     Please don't be offended. We all have to grow up at sometime in our lives. Nothing lasts forever. At this time, safety is more important.

No comments: