Thursday, November 29, 2012

Those December Birthdays!




     Wow can you believe it is 1 day away from December? Yikes! I don't know where the year has gone. As the sign says there are only 25 more days left to craft!!!! Today Erica @ My Cricut Craft Room  gave us the choice to do Christmas/ Birthday lists. I chose to do a Birthday layout since December is a HUGE Birthday month for us. My 2 sons were born 15 years and 4 days apart. They are such blessings in our lives. The oldest lives in Florida and will be (gulp!) 39 years old while our youngest will be 24! It was so surreal looking at Nursery schools and Colleges at the same time, lol.
     My layout is from pictures we took last year with my youngest son Steve, his girlfriend Renee, and my grandson Ben and grand daughter Cecilia. I know, I'm slow at getting these done but that's a great thing about being on a DT, it pushes you to get moving! My son Mike (Dec. 22) and his son Nicholas (December 7th birthday) will be here for Christmas this year so hopefully I can do a layout of them this year. Ready for the pics???
     Don't ya just love the hat? This is our traditional birthday hat . I bought it in Disney one Halloween to use as a costume (it just happened to be my birthday so it was entirely appropriate!) This hat has been getting a lot of use in our family. Ok Mary, enough chit chat, they want to hear the details on the lay out. OK!!!
     This is pretty straight forward since I really wanted the pics to show up and definitely wanted to get as far away from red and green colors that I could. As a result I found this great green paper with a wonderful blue swirl to it. I cut the font from Mickey's Font @ 1" and glued them to a strip of yellow card stock from my stash after I had used a Fiskar border punch.
     I added  a rhinestone to the title. I also thought a few balloons would be in order so I cut some @ 1.75" from Elmo's Party. The balloons are in a set of 3: circle, star and heart. I decided to use the heart ones for the "Birthday Girl" page. Of course what would be cuter than adding some Peachy Keen Stamps for the features. I used Laffy Taffy for the girls.
     Pink By Design Paper Doll Features for the boys.
     I also added some chalk to the cheeks and a cute twine bow from the Twinery. There always has to be a twinkle in the eye so, I used a Sakura white gel pen that Erica was generous enough to send me. Here are the girls:
     Here are the boys:
     I hope you enjoyed this project. Now be sure to head back over to Erica's and see what the rest of the team has to show you.
 





2 comments:

Unknown said...

Very cute layout. Love the attention to detail.

Robin
MCCR DT

Scrappin Rabbit Designs said...

I do love the hat! What a great tradition. Super cute layout!

Tami
MCCR DT