Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Vinyl Friends And Family Glass Block

   
  Welcome to WYEGW @ My Cricut Craft Room. In case you didn't know what the letters stand for let me enlighten you. It is Would You Ever Guess Wednesday. This day we get to follow a theme and show you what you can do with certain features on your cartridges. Today Erica asked us to use various fonts on our projects. For my project I created a glass block with fonts from three different carts and a fourth cart for my "border".
     I only have the one picture today since I wanted to really focus on the fonts and to give the measurements I used. Here are the sizes I used and the carts for the fonts:
 Label: Paper Lace 5.19 x 4.76 for the background
 "Enter as" Winter Wonderland @ 1.25"
 "friends" Calligraphy Collection" @ .98" high
 "leave as" Winter Wonderland @ 1.25" and finally
 "family" from Home Accents @ 3.23" x 1"
     You want to make sure your glass is clean before you adhere the vinyl to the glass block. I used rubbing alcohol to clean the outside of it with just a piece of paper towel and the alcohol. The vinyl I used was from Provo Craft which is wonderful to work with and comes in so many colors.You need to set your blade @ 6 and your pressure @ 2. This gives you a kiss cut which means it cuts the vinyl yet leaves the backing intact. I made several of these for Christmas gifts some were out of vinyl yet I also made some with etching cream using the vinyl as my stencil.
     I hope you will try using these fonts on other projects since they are so much fun to create whether they are on a glass block, piece of canvas, wood and even fabric.
     Thank you so much for stopping by today and be sure to head back over to MCCR and see what the rest of the Design Team has to share with you.
Get 25% OFF all digital cartridges! Dec. 25th - Jan. 1stProvo Craft 2001186 Cricut Expression 2 Electronic Cutting Machine- (Google Affiliate Ad)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

love the block! Thanks for sharing

Robin
MCCR DT sis