Monday, May 17, 2010

Happy Anniversary!

Today is my daughter and her husband's 1st year anniversary. Sadly he is deployed and will be gone another 5 months, so to cheer them both up I thought I would surprise them with a secret I've been keeping. When my daughters got married ( yes there are 2 more daughters and 2 sons!) I had their bridal bouquets freeze dried and preserved in glass cases. I did the same for Chris and Andy but since they are stationed in Hawaii I didn't want to take the chance and have it shipped (plus it would cost a fortune , lol). So I decided today to at least send a picture of it so if they return state side I could send it then. I sent the greeting to her on Facebook because I know she checks things out there and that Andy does too when he can. These time differences kill me! Sure enough I got one very excited phone call from Chris on her lunch break, don't you just love surprises! Her bouquet was gorgeous with cymbidium orchids, dendrobium orchids, mokarta orchids spider gerber daisies, hypericum berries and of course some crystals floral glued to the flower centers. She also had a rhinestone holder!
     Speaking of anniversaries, I have a cute layout with buttons to show you tomorrow. It happens to be a layout for a challenge I am doing and it is in celebration of Fran's and my anniversary! I also have an adorable Thank You card using Peachy Keen Stamps for another challenge. I will be posting those projects tomorrow. I can't wait to show you them, your gonna love them!!!
    

2 comments:

scrappinlil said...

This is such a thoughtful gift...my mom and dad did this for my hubby and me 7 years ago....and I still have it hanging on my wall...she will love it. TFS

Christine said...

I am so excited to see it I cant wait. It was so great to see that posting on facebook Thanks so much mom I love you and you are the best. Just another reason I will be excited to come home for Christmas xox