Wednesday, May 19, 2010

My Sentiments Exactly!


There is a great on-line store for acrylic and wood mounted stamps and supplies called My Sentiments Exactly.  Every Thursday they send out an e-mail with new products and specials. They recently had a Mystery Box that included all sorts of goodies from paper to card stock, embossing powder, eyelets, ribbon, inks and of course stamps! It was really exciting to open the box because it was like opening a big grab bag!!! They issued a challenge ( I love a good challenge, lol ). You have to design a card or project using only the supplies in the Mystery Box  and you had to use the pear stamp. I came up with this easel card. The pear was embossed and then hand cut. I used colored pencils and gamasol to shade it in and added a few touches of ciao copic pens for a little highlighting. The card really goes together quite easily. The hardest part of this challenge was to figure out what goodies to use!! I wanted to use the green sparkle yarn so I needed to use the eyelets to do something a little different rather than buttons.
     The only other thing that was not in the box was a border punch. I used one from EK. I just love how the punches finish off a card. Be sure to check out their website, they carry some cute stamps and products.
http://www.sentiments.com/

1 comment:

greenbean said...

omg!...i'm in love with the card!...