Friday, June 18, 2010

Here Comes The Tooth Fairy!

     We're so excited, Alexis lost not one but 2 teeth. She is so brave she pulled them out herself, one at night, the next day she did the second one! I think this calls for a very special card don't you? I finally bought a Dummy proof digital program I can use ha ha. Its by Creative Memories and I downloaded it, played a little and printed it out. The whole process took me about 1 1/2 hours. Considering I am so computer illiterate, this was quite an accomplishment! The background paper is a digital paper from Lauren at My Time Made Easy in blushing dots. The flourish, tag and saying were all done with the CM program including the shadows (way to go Me!) I added some sparkle gel pen to the flourish and some ribbon and rhinestones I had. The Fairy is a stamp that I did the gamosol technique on. The tooth was from A Childs' Year by Provo Craft and the frame was a nestability. I used the colors from this weeks challenge at Color Throw Down #97. This was such a great project because I had a chance to use a new product and learned something new and exciting. If your interested in this program check out Diane at Capadia Designs. She sells the program (which is on sale) but also has great tutorials which convinced me that I had to have this program.

6 comments:

Wanda Cullen said...

What an adorable card with so many sparkling details! Love your coloring of the fairy...great use of the throwdown colors!

Christine said...

I love this one sooooooooooooo much great job mom

Unknown said...

Gorgeous card Mary! It's sure to be treasured. You're no dummy! I sold my Cricut 'coz I couldn't master it! THAT'S a dummy!! LOL
There's a little surprise for you over on my blog!! Congratulations!!
Hugs Viv xxx

Diane said...

WOW Mary!

You did a great job on this - I keep telling everyone how easy it is and you proved it by making a beautiful project so soon after downloading the program. Isn't it great to be able to experiment with all of the different effects in the program. You also never run out of your favorite papers!

You are going to have so much fun using this program - thanks for purchasing it through me. We'll be doing some online sessions soon (I'll let you know when).

Take care,

Diane

Beebeebabs said...

Soooo cute tfs

Broni said...

I love your hybrid card! That fairy is one of my favorite images and I just love your tooth!! Thanks so much for playing in the Throwdown with us!