Thursday, October 7, 2010

French Manor




   What a wonderful cartridge French manor is! I finally got around to using this and boy does it help you get creative. First I started with my cricut Imagine and chose my background paper  using Imagine more cart and used Plantin Schoolbook for my card base. I love to use PS for cards because I love the dotted lines on the bottom. I also cut the frame from Imagine More but then added Tim Holtz crackle paint to the frame and distress it. The card base was distressed with the Distrezz It All for a nice grungy feel.
   Bet you can't guess where the curtains came from. Ok, it's from Paper Doll Dress Up. Yup, I used the headress layer with pig tails cut at 4" and cut them apart to make them look like curtains with a swag. Since I cut them out of glitter card stock I guess they don't look too much like hair huh?
   Next I got to use grunge paper for the first time. Oh do I love this stuff!!! The Imagine cuts it like butter and really makes the details stand out. I did the same with the "mirror". The dress form was painted gold with Ranger dabbers but the mirror was cut in black with the print and cut feature on the Imagine. For the mirror I covered it with foil tape.
   I finished it off with prima flowers, pearls for a necklace and of course a touch of ribbon and MS punch for the leaves. I know the person who is going to receive this is going to LOVE it!!!

1 comment:

S Glup said...

very creative...loving the detail work...and awesome how you came up with the curtains...lol...who'd of thunk it:0)...TFS...Sheri G