Sunday, February 6, 2011

I Love Dance!

   Hello Super Bowl Sunday! My oldest daughter and I just came from seeing the movie "Black Swan" and it was great. I enjoy a good ballet since all 3 of my girls danced all forms of dance. This reminded me that I had made recital cards for my grand daughter and her 2 cousins a week ago and forgot to share them with you.
As a member of the Cricut Circle we receive 4 exclusive cartridges a year. The latest one is "Shall We Dance" and has many wonderful dance cuts and phrases. This little ballerina was cut @ 3" including the shadow. This 4.25 x 5.50 card is rather simple since I wanted the image to stand out. The one problem with this cart is that the shoes do not match up. It also has ballet slippers but the tap shoes have heels. This was not what I wanted for a 4 year old. As a result the tap shoes are hand colored with a black glaze pen which makes it look more like patten leather tap shoes. Of course you need stickles and rhinestones to jazz her up. The background is swiss dot embossed and I added some prima flowers.
.
Just Rite stamps is a fabulous stamp company that lets you choose your own font and sentiments. This was perfect for making the inside sentiment "congratulations on your dance recital". The "Tap" is also from the cart so this was a fairly easy card to make. There is also die cuts for the other forms of dance on this cart. I can feel a dance mini book coming on!

No comments: