Saturday, November 5, 2011

Chalk Holder

     With the holidays coming I thought I'd make a few teacher gifts. A while back I bought these chalk painted flower pots and decided it was time I did something with them. They were a clearance item from Pottery Barn so I boght a few. I have one that holds my cricut markers but thought they would make a perfect holder for chalk to give to a teacher.
     I cut the images of both a girl and boy in vinyl from A Childs' Year cartridge. The shadow layer is in white whereas the top layer is in red. I also cut the image a third time out of card stock but cut the "apple" part off so I just had the leaves to work with.
     The bottom was sort of plain so I added a simple white picot ribbon and a few clear rhinestones. Add a box of chalk and you have a simple teachers gift! I do have a few for sale in my etsy shop. By the way, the snow is 5 days since our historic October snow storm. Maybe I'll get a lot of crafting done this winter.

2 comments:

Audrey Frelx said...

Hi, Mary!!! This came out great!!! The teachers getting these will love -- and appreciate-- them!!!

Sorry, I've been absent for a bit but things have been so hectic! Still are! But I did need a break to visit with my family-friends in the neighborhood!

Hugs!

carol said...

Great idea Mary, love the way you've decorated it the teachers recieving these will be really pleased. Your photo is brilliant, it makes the decoration really pop.