Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Puzzle Pieces Card

     I have been working on so many projects that I thought it was about time to share. My oldest grandson just turned 8 so I wanted to make him a special boy card. He loves Legos but, since I was short on time to create Lego pieces (ya right like I could ever even know where to start, lol) I decided to do puzzle pieces.
     I have so many supplies that I haven't even attempted that I thought this was a perfect time to break out my Cricut stamp set by Provo Craft. I started by inking my background on a piece of card stock with distress inks in bold colors. While that dried I used My Community cart to make some puzzle pieces.The images are found on pages 45 + 46 and were all cut at 1.25". These were cut from the stamp material in the kit. I used the following settings: deep cut blade set @ 4.5", speed 3, pressure 4, and cut 2x. It is important to have a real sticky mat. I also taped around all edges and rolled with a brayer to make sure it was really stuck on the mat. Then I stamped as usual.
     I cut the main image @ 2.5" using the Criss Cross image. After I adhered the images using the Xyron 250 I added pop dots to the back for some dimension. The separate puzzle pieces were made with a new product I am playing with. I'll share more when I am more confident using this product. I purchased it while I was in Hawaii and I think there is a learning curve. (When isn't there a learning curve!)
     It is funny how things just work out. I wanted something bright who would heve guessed this card would co ordinate so well with the party atmosphere!!!
     Do you see what I mean by co ordinating, lol. Happy 8th Birthday Matteo!!!!

2 comments:

Deanne Gutierrez said...

Found your blog from Above Rubies Studios. Here's my blog in case you would like to follow me. Gonna go "lurk" now :)

Deanne

stamp-color-and create said...

I am a new follower of your blog and I'm looking forward to seeing what else you will share. As a new blogger, I would really appreciate it if you check out my blog and follow me, too!
http://piece-ofheart.blogspot.ca/