Sunday, May 13, 2012

Kimono Birthday Card

     Happy Monday morning! I hope you all had a wonderful Mothers' Day. Mine was quiet and subdued which is wonderful. I am a floral designer and next to Valentines' Day, Mothers' Day is our next busiest holiday so I am always glad to sleep in and have a lazy day.
     If you are familiar with My Cricut Craft Room, then you know we get to strut our stuff with either a Letter of the week, our Imagine or the online FREE CCR by Provo Craft. Today I am going to show you one of the CCR digital carts that are for purchase @ cricut.com. I used the Chinese Letters.

       The thumbnail  highlights the Chinese Letter that symbolizes "Friend". The fan is from Ashlyn's Alphabet on page 54 and was cut @ 1.5", I highlighted it with gold stickles and added some red pearls on the holes on the fan. The "friend" was cut both shadow and symbol @ 1.25".
     Are you ready to see what I did with the fan and Letter? 
     I made a card of course, lol! I used a 5"x7" card for the base. The Kimono is from Pagoda and was cut @ 2.83 x 3.50 with both image and shift keys. You can find this on page 73. I love texture so I used the cuttlebug folder of chinese lanterns to kind of tie this card's theme together.I also used a stamp of a lantern that I had. The Happy Birthday is another rub on that I had. A few rhinestones and this card is all blinged up!!
     If you are looking for any of the products that I used here, you can find them over @ Erica's Shop. She has all sorts of goodies over there and best of all they are on SALE. Thank you Erica!!! Her sale runs the whole month of May so you won't want to miss out.

Please use the code 33 for 33% off your orderworks on everything not already marked down except Cricut and Cuttlebug products.


     Please pop back over to Erica's Blog and see what the rest of the team has to share. I am always amazed at what my fellow DT members create.
     

   






 
     



















 

3 comments:

TeresaK said...

This is really neat and different Mary!
Great job!
TFS
Teresa
MCCR DT

Kathy Salido said...

This card is gorgeous Mary!! I love the colors and the oriental theme.
Kathy
My Cricut Craft Room Design Team
http://3spoileddogs.blogspot.com/

Miranda said...

Adorable Mary! I love it!
Miranda :)
www.nanasscrapspot.com