Monday, August 13, 2012

Thinking Of You


     Hi you happy crafters you!!! Today Erica's Design Team was asked to create a Thinking Of You card. I had some stamped images I had done a while ago and hit a creative block. Nothing, no mojo at all. So when I signed up for this day at My Cricut Craft Room, I decided it was time to do something with this.
     I started with the "Snowy Park" stamp by Penny Black and used Tim Holtz distress markers to color the background. Before I stamped the image on watercolor paper, I spritzed it first with some water for a muted effect.
        It is hard to see in this photo but I used some flower soft at the bottom of the picture to add some texture. Now I wanted to add a frame, but how? Well it was time to use CDS.
     I found a card base with a rectangle aperture on Beyond Birthdays cartridge. You can find this on the card feature and it is the 1st button on the left.In order to fit my image, I sized it @ 7.798 x 5.37". This was a nice size card, however, I only needed the front part for the frame. So, I used the design Studio, flipped the design and then moved it off the mat for the part I did not need. This cut perfectly and was just the right size!
     I wanted to really bring out the wood features of the stamped image so I used the branches embossing folder for the Cuttlebug. I inked the folder with Frayed Burlap before I embossed the frame to get this really cool look. I also added a clear plastic so the picture would really look framed. The sentiment was a rub on and went so nicely with the overall look I was trying to achieve. It also was a great way to keep the flower soft intact.
     Speaking of Flower Soft, thanks to Erica for sending me some. You can buy the products I used here in Erica's Store.
     I used the My Favorite Things rub on to add the greeting on the inside.
     I hope you have enjoyed this project and hope you will head back over to My Cricut Craft Room and see what the rest of the Team has to show you.Your almost over Hump Day  (the week end starts in 2 more days, Whoot!!!).


  

7 comments:

Audrey Frelx said...

Mary, I just love that stamped, muted background!!! It really doesn't even look stamped -- it's gorgeous!!! Great job on this card!

Desi Lee Designing Divas said...

Very lovely card. Background is beautiful!

MCCR DT, Lisa Ch

Heather Lynn said...

Mary~
Your card is gorgeous! Love the color scheme! Wonderful job!

Hugs,
HL
MCCR DT

Anonymous said...

I love the technique that you used to create the stamp image. All in all a super card. Love it.

Nadja MCCR DT Sister

Anonymous said...

super pretty! love it! Janet Royer-MCC-DT

Jessica Buffa said...

Wonderful embossing and distressing. I love how the paper colors match the photo colors.
:O)
Jessica S
MCCR DT Sister

ClaireR said...

Beautiful card Mary. Love the stamping you did and great colors!
ClaireR