Thursday, August 16, 2012

Welcome To Motherhood!

     Here is another wonderful image from Pixie Dust Studios. I am getting so much more comfortable with my Copic markers. I loved this image when I first saw it and thankfully I had an occasion to make a card.
     We have some wonderful friends whose daughter is pregnant with her first child and is due in a few weeks. She is just like one of my daughters so I had to make a really special card for her. She has blonde hair so this was fun to color.
     I used the following colors to do her hair:
Y00,Y11,Y21,Y23 and Y28 for shading. 
     When you do hair it is more like laying down colors rather than blending so you get individual strands of hair. I just kept feathering in colors until I got the right effect. Believe it or not the Y28 is a wonderful color color to use for blonde hair. It seems to make the other colors pop.
     I am still practicing on the facial tones but, for now, these are the colors I used:
E000,E00,E01 and R20 for blush
     Since Becca wants to be surprised, she and John have opted not to find out what they are having so I colored the clothing with a pink top and blue jeans.
Shirt: R81,R83, R85
Jeans: B91,B93,B95,B97
Shoes: E25,E27,E29
Heart: R22,R24,R27
     I added some liquid pearls to the bracelet. The background card is from a stack I have. I also added some  flowers I spritzed with Glimmer Mist and added leaves from a Martha Stewart punch.
     Once the image was colored, I hand cut around the edge and mounted on ovals I cut with Spellbinders. Easy peasy!!! I'll be back later with the same image as a brunette.   
     As always I would love to hear what you think. Hugs for now. 



5 comments:

TeresaK said...

Mary ...you did an amazing job on this beautiful card! You sure know what you are doing with the Copics! Great job! I have not even attempted them...I wish I had you close by as a teacher!
Teresa
MCCR DT sis
www.createenjoyshare.blogspot.com

SusieScrapper said...

So cute, love it! I am signed up to take a Copic class in September and can't wait. I 'play' with them sometimes, but am horrible at blending. lol

Anonymous said...

I just got done playing with my copics. My challenge is Hair! You did a super job with your image. I love the colors that you used. I think it is great for you to list the colors that you used!!!

Audrey Frelx said...

Mary, your card is beautiful, and you did such a great job coloring! As you know, I'm a lousy colorer so I dont even attempt it eventhough I have tons of copics (they've probably dried up by now I've had them so long... heee!)

Hugs, my friend!

Audrey Frelx said...

Visiting friends in the neighborhood, Mary, and thought I'd just drop in to say hi to you, my friend!