Friday, January 18, 2013

Snap Band Wrist Corsage

Cricut Expression 2 Blogger Bundle
     Hello my fellow crafters! I thought I'd share a special project I have been working on. I have to admit I loved being a floral designer and I especially loved when I could get creative for those really important occasions. With the school dance season upon us I thought I'd try and use some paper flower dies and make a wrist corsage out of paper flowers. Here's a peek:
     These are so easy to make, really. First I used Flower Shoppe cartridge by ProvoCraft and cut some flower shapes of all different sizes from 1" up to 1 3/4" sizes. I used some left over cream card stock and spritzed it with white Smooch Sprtiz by Clearsnap. I rolled the wet paper up into a ball and carefully unrolled them. Then I stacked them alternating sizes and glued the layers with a small dab of glue in the center of each flower.
     I also did some with scraps of left over double sided pink card stock. These have a rhinestone in the center but I also added some glitter to the edges of the petals. I just wanted to let you know that I have MANY Cricut machines but for this project I used my Expression 2. One of the best features to this machine is that (like the Imagine) you can actually set the paper size. For example, if I have a piece of card stock that is 3.5" x 4", with the E2 I can actually set my mat to show that exact size piece of paper so I have an idea whether my cut will fit on my mat at this small size. Right now, Cricut.com is having an excellent bundle sale on this machine and you can see it HERE. Oh how I digress, lol. I just had to share my excitement!
     Here is a view of the snap band. I love these since they hug the wrist so perfectly.I always felt bad with the real flowers how the wrist bands never seemed to fit the littlest girls but there is no problem with these. I also sprayed the flowers with an acrylic spray so that they are somewhat sealed from the elements. I  added some feathers for a fun look. Everything was glued with Beacon's 3 in 1 glue.
     Well, back to organizing my craft space!!! I will start this year off right!!! Hope you all have a wonderful week end~Hugs


2 comments:

Kathy Salido said...

these are so pretty Mary!! These will be a great keepsake that will last way beyond the night of the dance!!

Scrappin Rabbit Designs said...

Mary these are so beautiful!!! What a wonderful idea. So glad to be on this team with you. Hugs, Tami