Monday, January 7, 2013

Thank You Card



     Good morning my fellow crafters and welcome to all my new followers. I really appreciate your taking the time to follow me and hope that in some way I can inspire you. This year I am challenging myself to use some of my least (or never) used carts and really explore their potential.
     This week Erica @ My Cricut Craft Room asked us to create a Thank You card so I deided to pull my Sophie cart. Here's the cut from page 45 that I used:
     This is just 2 cuts. I love that it is such an easy card to make. I chose and cut  @ 2.50" for the top and the shadow @ 2.75" for a more layered look. the stamp is from Inkadinkadoo's Just Saying set.

     I also used Spellbinders Large Scalloped Ovals to provide another layer. The stamped label was then applied with pop dots. Since the background card had a touch of blue in it, I decided to add some ribbon and blue rhinestones to pull it all together. I had bought a set of premade cards from DCWV, so, when I am in a hurry or just want to focus on my die, I always go to this set.
     I used the blue rhinestones as the flower centers and also carried it over to the image already on the card base.
     Now pull out those less used carts and see what you can create! Thanks for stopping by and be sure to head back over to My Cricut Craft Room and see more inspiration from my DT Sisters.





Get the Cricut Expression 2 for ONLY $299.99!
New To Under Armour - The Under Armour Revolutionary ARMOUR BRA 137790_Free Next Day Shipping On Orders of $150 or More at Under Armour

4 comments:

Unknown said...

love your card!!!

Awesome job

Robin
MCCR DT sis
http://cutonedesignsbyrobin.blogspot.com/

Kathy Salido said...

Great card Mary. Love how you used a premade card base. It is so pretty!!

Scrappin Rabbit Designs said...

Very pretty! Love the colors you chose.

TeresaK said...

Another very pretty card, Mary! Simple but elegant!
Teresa
www.createenjoyshare.blogspot.com