Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Altered Box

  
     Good morning my fellow Divas! I'm Diva Mary and I am so happy to show you a neat project as a member of the Cricut Divas DT . Today I am going to show you what I did with an old box a wallet came in and how my Cricut helped me perform some magic. For this project I used my original and trusty Expression as well as the flower Shoppe and
Graphically speaking cartridges. Let's take a look shall we: ???????????????????????????????
      First I started with an empty box. I pulled out some scrap card stock and was lucky enough to find one that matched perfectly. I even had some pieces to make the flowers! These were cut @ 1" from the image on page 14 in Flower Shoppe. I cut all the layers in the handbook. I inked the edges and then spritzed them with some glimmer mist. here's a tip just in case you don't already know this. When making paper flowers it is best to ink first then mist. If you use the glimmer mist first, then the ink, the glimmer will get on your ink pad and that is not good for future projects. Just a little FYI.

  
     After some ink and glimmer mist the flowers were shaped. I already had some mulberry printed leaves so, a little perfect pearls helped to add some shimmer. The rhinestone is by Crystal It. These are so gorgeous in person.
???????????????????????????????
     I cut the butterfly and layer @ 1.25" and the phrase @ 1.50". These images are both found on page 57 in Graphically Speaking. You'll notice that part of the base layer on the butterfly is missing. I used the center point feature on my E but didn't set the blade in the right spot. I was not worried since the top layer would cover it. I added some Black Diamond Stickles to the top layer.  Here's the finished project:
???????????????????????????????
     I also added some ribbon to the edge of the cover to really tie it all together: A few black pearls in the corners added the finishing touch.
???????????????????????????????
     I used this box to give a few gift cards to my daughter for her birthday. Needless to say she loved it! I have some more info about this project on my blog: http://Mary-fortheloveofart.blogspot.com

2 comments:

TeresaK said...

Hey Mary! I don't know how I missed this post before...but this box is just beautiful! Who would ever guess that started as a wallet box?
Teresa
www.createenjoyshare.blogspot.com

Lisa's Creative Niche said...

Wow! This is gorgeous!!! I LOVE what you have done with the box!