I made this book a few months ago when I took a Bind It All class but never got around to decorating the cover. Well low and behold Crazy 4 Challenges http://crazy4challenges.blogspot.com/2010/06/crazy4challenges-c4c42.html had a challenge to create a card or project using paper flowers. You could use store bought or make your own but you had to use paper flowers somewhere on the project.
I immediately thought about the "Rambling Rose" cut file and tutorial by Lauren Meader at MTME . You have to check out her work. I think her brain is in constant overdrive! http://mytimemadeeasy.com/store/index.php?main_page=page&id=10. Anyway, this is what I came up with. I just did one rose because I also had an embellishment from K&Company that I wanted to use. Lauren's rose has 6 layers to it but I decided to make a smaller "bud" so as not to overwhelm the cover. ( OK I admit it, I screwed up on the first rose, so rather than throw it away, I decided to use it anyways! Sometimes, mistakes are good.
I am so pleased with how this turned out. Its my own original design and makes it more organized for all the dies. As you can see I used scraps of card stock to make samples of each size shape. It makes it
The lettering was from Base Camp by Provo Craft and was cut @ 1" with both regular and shadow feature.
Of course I had to finish off with some rhinestones for the flower centers and I added raindrops to the butterflies antenna. Ribbons were all scraps.
Feels good to have another project done!