Thursday, June 24, 2010

Spellbinders Book


     I made this book a few months ago when I took a Bind It All class but never got around to decorating the cover. Well low and behold Crazy 4 Challenges http://crazy4challenges.blogspot.com/2010/06/crazy4challenges-c4c42.html had a challenge to create a card or project using paper flowers. You could use store bought or make your own but you had to use paper flowers somewhere on the project.
     I immediately thought about the "Rambling Rose" cut file and tutorial by Lauren Meader at MTME . You have to check out her work. I think her brain is in constant overdrive! http://mytimemadeeasy.com/store/index.php?main_page=page&id=10. Anyway, this is what I came up with. I just did one rose because I also had an embellishment from K&Company that I wanted to use. Lauren's rose has 6 layers to it but I decided to make a smaller "bud" so as not to overwhelm the cover. ( OK I admit it, I screwed up on the first rose, so rather than throw it away, I decided to use it anyways! Sometimes, mistakes are good.

     I am so pleased with how this turned out. Its my own original design and makes it more organized for all the dies. As you can see I used scraps of card stock to make samples of each size shape. It makes it
so much easier to see if an image or saying will fit in the area and also to make sure of the appropriate size for a card compared to a layout.
     The lettering was from Base Camp by Provo Craft and was cut @ 1" with both regular and shadow feature.
     Of course I had to finish off with some rhinestones for the flower centers and I added raindrops to the butterflies antenna. Ribbons were all scraps.
     Feels good to have another project done!

1 comment:

pamala said...

This is a beautiful book! Great job!
Thanks for baby blog hopping with the Zutter Zisters. :)