Monday, July 12, 2010

All Dolled Up!

Isn't she just adorable! Meet Vivienne the stamp set I won from a recent blog hop. I now have 3 grand daughters and the older 2 (6 yrs and almost 4 yrs) love to have Mema (up that's me, lol)  french braid their hair, so I thought I'd make a cute "purse" to hold the supplies.
     I have been wanting to try this stamp set so when Color Throw Down 100 had a challenge ( celebrating their 100th challenge let's hear a loud cheer!!!!) using blue, green, pink and real red I thought here comes Vivienne!
     The bag is from TBBM and is cut to fit page. I think the paper was from K&Company ( I went thru so many stacks I can't remember which one I used, lol)
     The stamp is Vivienne and friends from Peachy Keen Stamps. I had a blast doing this. I used LC colored pencils and gamasol technique for the coloring. I really want to learn how to use Copic Markers but I have a full plate right now. I decided to add some bling to Viv's dress and  added bling to her dollies bows. I even added bling hub caps! The background paper was a little busy so I adhered Viv and her wagon to a Martha Stewart tag and added some grass sticker to the bottom. To add a little more dimension I put some pink sequin flowers with a green brad along the bottom to make it look like they were walking the flowered path, lol.
     Finishing touches include a chalked tag with "you're a doll!' and some neat pink ribbon with a blue brad. I think they are going to love this. I know I will because it's more organized!

6 comments:

Kisa Peters said...

The purse is very cute! I'm sure your granddaughters will be THRILLED the next time you braid their hair!! How fun!

Thanks for playing along!

Carol L said...

What a cute way to make braiding your granddaughters hair even more special! Thanks for playing along with the CTD!

Unknown said...

Oh this is so cute! What a great idea to use it for carrying the braid supplies! Your grand daughters is going to LOVE it!

dj said...

sweetness...Thanks for playing along with this special 100th Color Throwdown challenge !! Don't forget to "hop" around to all the blog stops and leave some love...this will make the members of the blog hop happy as well as increase your chances of winning!!

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

I love what you did with 'me' Mary!! Your purse is so pretty!!!
Hugs Viv xxx