Tuesday, January 18, 2011

I Love Candy

    Well I guess I really am going to challenge myself this year! Two of my daughters gave me a Yudu for Christmas and it has taken me a while but, by Jov, I think I've got it! There have been several mistakes and I'm convinced it has to do with some of the consistency of the ink. Of course it could never be me!.
   This project also is for the Circle blog challenge (yes I am a Circlet). They feature projects daily on our blog so this months challenge was to scraplift one of their projects and give it our own twist. Charity Hassel had done some Stenciled baby boy onesies and Jana Eubank did the Shooting star t-shirts so I guess I scraplifted from both of them!
   In addition you had to use products from 2 of their sponsors. I used Bazzill black cardstock for cutting my design that was adhered to my registration transparency and I also used imaginisce i rock gem setter and their crystals and metal gems.
   For the images I used "opposites attract" for "I LOVE" cut at 1.75", "Candy" cut @ 1.71 "From My Kitchen" and the candy from "Doodlecharms" @ 3.23 x 4.18. (I did not use the lollipop from this cut but I did use all the other candies. I liked the lollipop from Mickey and Friends. The reason I preferred this pop was because it had the swirl layer for the pop. I cut this pop @ 3.0 as well as the swirl.
   I just realized it took 4 carts to make this design. This has to be a record for me!
    I cut my designs out and then adhered them to the transparency, burned on the emulsion film and set about getting inky. To make a 2 color design you do need 2 screens and I found the colors dry really quickly if you use a hair dryer. It is pretty cool as it dries because its almost like using embossing powders, you can see the colors getting lighter.
   This pic to the left is the boys version in "chocolate" before I added the gunmetal swirl and metal embellishments. The one at the top is the girl version in pink where I sewed on some tulle and buttons.
   This bottom picture shows 3 of the boys shirts. I also did 2 in a maroon ink on the gray shirts but didn't want to totally bore you, lol . Anyways these are the kids Valentines' Day gifts. I do have to make two more and I am sure they will love them. Thanks for stopping by!                                                                                     

2 comments:

Audrey Frelx said...

This is so cute!!! I've had my Yudo for way over a year, and it's still in the box. Everytime I look at it, I get intimidated! Any hints you can provide will be welcome -- I really WANT to use it but I'm actually afraid of it! Doesn't seem all that easy reading the instructions OR watching the DVD!

Love your shirt project! You've got to let me know more!!! Please!

girlia said...

Love them. I have been wanting a YUDU. It just looks like so much fun. Great job on these shirts