Sunday, March 20, 2011

Dress Form Card

     My best friend and I always exchange birthday gifts and her special day was yesterday. Ok so she is not the foo foo or glitzy girl (I am, lol!) but she loves anything I make. I just love my Imagine and the circle exclusive cart French Manor. I made a card using the dress form for my daughters birthday in October, but I haven't really used the card feature on any of my carts yet. After doing this card I think that is going to change!


     First let me start by saying I had been a little disappointed in the cuts I got with the I. Don't get me wrong it cuts more intricate details better than the expression. That being said, the cuts were a little off even with the calibrations.So I finally did the advanced calibrations and now they are right on.
     I cut the card base with a height of 5.50" which gave me a perfect A2 card. (4.25" x 5.50"). I used the relative size button and then cut the separate dress form. I also cut a 3" dress form to use on a tag. The Elise cart has a really pretty palette so I chose a printed pattern for the card itself and kept the card insert from white card stock. I chose the gray for the dress forms and sprayed these pieces with Tattered Angels granite mist. The background has a gorgeous Donna Salazar stamp of lace that I stamped with Ranger milled lavender. The embellishments are: a strand of pearls, prima flowers and a scrap of ruffled elastic.
     I have a lot of velum sentiments so I grabbed a scrap of white card stock and a nestabilities label and voila a classy inside. I forgot to hide the score marks on the card and figured what the heck, the slits are already there so a grabbed some "Foo Foo" fine yarn and tied it with a bow.
     It's about time I put some of my on line classes knowledge to work. I grabbed some alcohol inks and a shipping tag to make my background. Remember that 3" dress form I cut along with the card? Well I added that to the tag along with a fabric flower I made.
     My friend absolutely loved it!!

No comments: