Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Creative Charms Design Team Call

     The people who follow my blog know how much I rave about the quality of  Creative Charms embellishments. That is why I have decided to try out for their design team. I figure since they are my go to company for their gradient gems , brads, jewels etc. I might as well show them what I have been sharing with you guys. Diane Campbell Payne @ Capadia Designs shared these kits of the month with me through her blog and I have to admit I am hooked.
    
       This really is a simple A2 card (4.25" x 5.50"). The pink card stock is matted with white card stock followed by a plum print and is stitched with a beautiful metallic thread. I used Provo Craft's New Arrival to cut the "baby" scalloped squares. These were cut at 1" and included the shadow feature.  The distressed ink in milled lavender really helps to make the squares pop.
     Now for the fun part! I used a stamp from Inkadinkado and decided to emboss it. I used a flourish stamp with versmark's Dazzle Frost and Zing's metallic finish in silver. Before I adhered all this together I punched two ribbon slots on the fold side and threaded some ribbon so I could make a nice bow to add some interest to the side.
     Here's the exciting "pazzas" part. One of the kits I bought from Creative Charms was the Blooming Garden which had these sparkly pink flowers as well as some felt embellishments. They really brought the card to life. In order to make my silver "stem" show up more I pulled out another kit I had and added some green gradient jewels as well along the stem. Since I wanted to finish the side with my bow a little more I added a clear gradient gem to either corner on this side. Voila, there you have a beautiful baby card fit for the newest princess!
     Wait until you see what I've come up with for the kids table for Easter. Can I just say it has to do with a Blooming Garden, lol.

1 comment:

Audrey Frelx said...

Oh, Mary, what a beautiful card!!! Good luck on making the design team -- you are so deserving!!! Of course, I have my fingers, toes, arms, legs...ummmm, what else can I cross in hopes of your getting a spot?!!! LOL! Oh, well, I'll do some praying too!!!

Hugs, my friend!