Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Wrapping Paper Inspiration

     Wow it's been a while since I posted! Have no fear I have an exciting project to share! We have several weddings this summer/fall and that means Bridal Showers. I refuse to pay a lot for wrapping paper (I'd rather put the money into the gift) but I am still picky about something I can dress up.
     This paper was so cute with the wedding dresses and had cute sayings like "big hair", big dress" and "big day". I thought this was adorable to use for one of the showers I am attending. Sooo I decided to make a cute gift tag.
     I have been using a lot of shipping tags to alter lately. (I think I am hooked, lol). First I distressed the edges with Zutters Distrezz It All and added both blue and white spritz. While this dried I printed the phrases: big hair, big dress and big day. After inking the edges of the tag I embossed this dress from My Sentiments Exactly using a white opaque embossing powder.
     I wanted to add some dimension to the dress so I gathered up some sheer netting and after gluing it to the waist I added a satin bow. The bodice needed something so I added some imaginisce rhinestones and finished the tag off with a nice fluffy satin bow. (Big of course!!).
     One other thing I love to do is wrap the present with tulle rather than ribbon. I find it cheaper and gives a soft look and is appropriate for wedding, shower, birthday or baby gift and it is so economical!

No comments: